- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
What is it?
The nervous system controls the entire body. Chiropractic focuses on facilitating function in the nervous system and allowing it to operate at its maximal potential. There are many symptoms and conditions that may benefit from chiropractic care. While chiropractic is best known for providing relief from back, neck and joint pain it has also been effectively used to treat a wide variety of conditions including: headaches and chronic pain, dizziness and balance disorders, colic and ear infections, learning and behavioral disorders and many other conditions.
What Is a Subluxation?
Subluxations are misaligned vertebrae or bones which create an interference or impediment to nervous system function. Thus, a subluxation will cause reduced nerve energy to the bodies control system. Mechanically speaking, a subluxation is a misalignment of the bones in the spine or extremities. The misalignment interferes with the nervous systems ability to maintain optimal health in the body. Although most subluxations are present without symptoms, some of the most common symptoms to appear are; muscle tightness, stiffness, localized or radiating pain, fatigue, irritability and tossing and turning at night. There is an infinite list of possible symptoms associated with subluxations, therefore symptoms are unreliable to determine the true nature of the problem. The greatest side effect is not the symptoms, but the potential profound loss of function in the most vital systems of the body. Uncorrected subluxations result in accelerated aging of the involved joints and surrounding structures.
The input that the brain is constantly receiving from the body and its environment is essential for the preservation of health. One of the most powerful brain activation is via special receptors in the joints which communicate with the brain when mechanical forces are applied through movement. These receptors are called proprioceptors. Unfortunately when a vertebra is subluxated, nociceptors (negative input) become hypersensitive and proprioceptors (positive input) become desensitized. The process of joint proprioceptive desensitization has a consequence at the level of the brain and locally in the involved joint. The areas of the brain associated with the subluxation will become more sluggish and more apt to undergo transneural degeneration. The subluxated segment and its surrounding structures, which include; muscles, ligaments, discs, nerves and what they control, will be at high risk for injury and more sensitized to pain.
Which Chiropractic Techniques Do We Specialize In?
Dr. Noel has been and continues to learn different methods on a monthly basis. He is dedicated to never stop acquiring better skills and broaden his knowledge base. His approach encompasses many different techniques, selecting the ones that will best serve his patients on an individual basis.
The following steps are taken to select the most ideal techniques for each patient:
- When examining a patient, the first objective is to identify which systems are involved and which aspects of the involved system are malfunctioning. We further determine how much of the problem is due to a chemical, physical or neurological component.
- A brain based model is used first to evaluate how the body is compensating to the brain imbalance. These neurological compensations will appear in posture, balance, vital signs, sympathetic dominance, cognitive/behavioral aspects, digestive problems, spinal subluxations, pain, altered muscle tone and much more.
- Then a mechanical assessment is performed to determine if there is a hyper or hypomobile component.
- A thorough digital posture assessment and seated x-rays are taken to identify abnormalities of the spine and possible loss of the normal curvatures.
- Once all the findings are pieced together, we challenge the body with a safe and light treatment of choice to make sure that the response is favorable. Then we can confidently administer the technique which will create the best outcome, long term.
The following are some of the known chiropractic techniques we use:
- Chiropractic Neurology
- Pettibon System
- Sacro Occipital Technique
- Extremity Adjusting
- Active Release Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Arthrostim Application